All You Need to Know about Personalised Employment Pass
The Personalised Employment Pass, or PEP for short, is a type of work pass that is given to a certain group of Employment Pass holder and foreign national professionals. The PEP promises an evident edge over the Employment Pass, and thus, is often sought by foreign nationals. Unlike Employment Pass, which must be cancelled if the holder leaves the country, no such obligation is tied to the PEP.
The PEP is not tied to any employer, and thus, allows the holder to stay in the country for up to six months to search for a suitable work opportunity.
- Employment Pass holders with a fixed salary of $12,000 and above.
- Overseas foreign professionals with a last drawn salary of $18,000 and above.
Please note that in case of foreign national workers, the last stated salary should have been within six months from the time of the application.
- Foreign nationals, who have been granted an Employment Pass under the ‘Sponsorship’ scheme, are not eligible apply.
- Professionals, who work on a freelance basis without any direct employers in Singapore, and not eligible to apply.
- Sole Proprietors, Partners or Directors in a business/company registered with ACRA are not eligible to apply.
- Professionals working as journalists, editors, sub-editors and producers are not eligible to apply.
The Personalised Employment Pass, although a notable progression compared to The Employment, cannot be used by the holder for any entrepreneurial endeavour.
The PEP promises various benefits compared to other types of passes available for foreign nationals. Here are some of the most prominent benefits enjoyed by PEP holders:
- Liberty to seek a work opportunity in any sector, some jobs, however, may require prior permission from MOM.
- No need to reapply for a pass when changing job or even profession.
- Bring their spouse and children (under 21 years of age) into the country on the Dependent’s Passes.
- Bring their parents into the country on ‘Long Term Visit Passes’.
Please note that the PEP holder must sponsor the dependants’ applications and submit them at any of the SingPost post offices, before bringing them into the country.
- Continuous unemployment period must not exceed six months, at any point.
- Holders must earn a minimum of $144,000 each calendar year.
- Holders must inform MOM about every change of employment and/or contact detail.
- Holders must declare their annual fixed salary within 30 days of the end of the calendar year.
The administrative fee to submit a Personalises Employment Pass is $70, and the issuance fee is $150 per issue. If required, issuance of a Multi Entry Visa costs $30 per issue.